Espeically today, when they are offering a limited time only 40,000 reward mile bonus which is good for $400 worth of travel.
You will also earn 2 miles for every $1 spent any any purchases which will mean you’ll be traveling for free twice as fast.
If you’re working to pay down your high interest debt you can take advantage of their 0% balance transfer and introductory APR for 12 months.
Throw in the fact that there is no annual fee for the first year and it makes it almost sound too good to be true? Well, it’s not!
I’m talking about the Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard which comes in two versions:
- One with an annual fee of $89 (waived for the first year) but double the miles and a 0% balance transfer for 12 months
- The other with no annual fee but half as many miles and no balance transfer option
I’m a huge fan of traveling for free, and since the annual fee is waived for the first year, I would recommend applying for the card that offers the massive 40,000 bonus miles which is good for $400 worth of travel and another $40 worth of travel that goes towards your next travel redemption thanks to their 10% miles back bonus.
The Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard with 40,000 Bonus Miles & 2X The Points
This is the exact card that CNN Money named their “Best Travel Credit Card” in 2013 (source) and although it does carry a $89 annual fee (waived for the first year) there are a few added benefits that make it an amazing option as your new travel rewards credit card.
The 40,000 Bonus Miles (Worth $400 with No Blackouts)
If you spent $1,000 in the first 90 days you will be rewarded with 40,000 bonus miles, which equates to $400 worth of travel on any airline (or hotels, cruises and more) with no blackout dates.
You will also earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend, it doesn’t matter what you buy, which means you’ll be traveling for free to more places two times faster than normal.
0% Balance Transfer & 0% Introductory APR & For 12 Months
When most people see this card they say “you had me at 40,000 bonus miles” and gloss over the fact that the Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard offers a 12-month 0% introductory APR as well as a 0% balance transfer for a year as well. .
I always recommend that you pay your credit card balance off in full each month as spending less than you make is the easiest way to avoid having more month than money but if you are in a pinch and need more time to pay off you balance you can take advantage of this into APR for a full year.
If you have other credit card debt that you’re paying more than 0% on, I’d recommend signing up for this card, doing a balance transfer so you have a full year to pay off the debt with 0% interest and enjoy the 40,000 bonus miles to boot!
Book Any Airline, Any Hotel, Any Time (and more…)
With the Barclaycary Arrival you aren’t limited as to what or where you can spend your travel rewards.
You can use your 40,000 bonus points to book any flight, any hotel as well as cruises, resorts, car rentals and even train tickets. Did I mention that there aren’t any blackout date either? Talk about freedom.
This version of the Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard makes earning miles simple as well. You will earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend in any category, no matter what.
Just look at how quickly you could be headed to Orlando for 3 nights at a theme park resort, on a 4 night Western Caribbean cruise or on round trip flights to St. Lucia when you spend $4,000 on your new Barclaycard Arrival in the first 3 months.
Enjoy a More Rewarding Travel Experience
When you’re enjoying your free travel from the travel reward points you earned through your 40,000 bonus points from Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard you will also enjoy some very nice perks such as:
- No foreign transaction fees – Most other credit cards will charge you 3% on every purchase made abroad. With the Barclaycard Arrival card you will never pay a foreign transaction fee.
- No blackout dates – redeem your points whenever you want without any seat restrictions, earnings or redemption caps.
- TripIt Pro – when you sign up for this card you will receive a complimentary subscription to the mobile travel organizer worth $49/year
- $200,000 Worldwide Automatic Travel Accident Insurance – Talk about added peace of mind when traveling abroad
- Reimbursement expenses if your luggage is delayed or misdirected – as someone who needed to buy all new clothes when my luggage was went to the wrong place I can tell you that having this insurance policy built into your travel plans is an amazing perk
- Trip cancellation/interruption coverage
- MasterCard Global Service with 24-hour emergency assistance
- $0 fraud liability
How Does This Card Compare?
Here is a quick comparison matrix for you to compare the Barlcaycard Arrival to a couple of other popular travel reward credit cards:
Annual Fee vs. No Annual Fee
As mentioned previously, there are two versions of this amazing travel rewards credit card. One with an annual fee of $89 (waived for the first year) and one with no annual fee. The only differences between the two, that I can see, are the following:
- The one with the annual fee is offering 40,000 bonus points while the one with no annual fee is only offering 20,000 bonus points. This version of the card also has the 0% balances transfer option for 12 months making this very attractive if you have any credit card debt that you’re paying interest on right now.
- You will earn 2 miles for every $1 spent with the card with the annual fee and you will earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on travel and dining expenses and only 1 mile for every other $1 you spend on everything else
Which version of the card you go with is completely up to you. I would personally recommend that you choose the card with the 40,000 mile bonus as that’s an extra $200 worth of travel rewards and the annual fee is waived for the first year.
Beyond the first year you will have to look at your personal spending habits to decide which of the two cards is right for you. Earning 2 miles per $1 spent is a very appealing perk and one that will get you traveling for free faster.
Click here to apply for the 40,0000 bonus miles Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard
Click here to apply for the 20,0000 bonus miles Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCardRelated